Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Triple-Zero

I have to admit that it is not as big an accomplishment as I'd like it to be. But it's still enough to make me pause in my typing to stare at the lower left corner of my Word document and squeal like a small pig: I've written 10,000 words. In a month. Granted, for any other writer, this is merely as small as taking a trip to the grocery store, and this triple-zero number has just become part of life. 

I still continue to squeal. And alert my parents and my friends, and half of the strangers I see on the street. Sixteen pages of an actually started novel, in which I go in chronological order. This is the real monumental act of intelligence. I used to jump from scene to scene, attempting without much success to create an actual novel. 


But here I am in the middle of the night, typing an inner monologue when I stop and feel like I should be throwing confetti in celebration. Sure, I have more to go, more to say, and a lot to edit, but for right now, I'm afraid to add anymore - that 10,000 just looks so pretty. 


I hope when I'm older, or in the coming months, when I make it to 20,000 and 30,000 or even something like 60,000 that I never get tired of it. Taylor Swift said that one of her biggest fears was not being able to get excited by the little things, which I suppose we have in common. No matter how many words, they'll always be a story. 


But 10,000 still makes me smile.
 

3 comments:

  1. Hello Ms.Christina,

    I looked at your blog due to me having a rough time. I've had a VERY rough time acctually. A lot has changed since I last saw you. I may be switching to your school but, am not sure yet. Either there or Derryfield. I hate MMHS :(

    I really like your blog yet. I have to say reading your writing puts a smile on my face. Points to you my dear. I need a break everyonce in a while from life and your blog has helped put a smile on my face through everything that's going on.

    I have set up my music blog but, I haven't been able to post yet because of all the things going on in my crazy life right now. I will be soon and I hope to hear from you and your inputs on music.

    Lately, music has become a big aspect of my life and I hope to be a Music Journalist or Producer at NYU, Norteastern or Berklee. Any music artist that you would like to talk about on my music blog please,don't hesitate at all. If you would like to you can even e-mail a blog about an artist that you like to my e-mail petersen.brianna@gmail.com and I'll post it for you. You're an amazing writer Christina and don't let ANYONE tell you otherwise.

    Best of luck and I hope to hear from you soon!

    Brianna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so proud of you! Keep up the great work! 10,000 is more than what I have written, which is none. I might write a novel smoeday...just not now. I hope I will be honored to read your novel someday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome!!!!! I love how your writing is so life like! I can totally picture in my mind you doing this! Keep on writing girlie :D
    -Abbey

    ReplyDelete